Monday, December 1, 2008

Thank God for tumble dryers



So, our dryer died last week. We had a repairman come out and tell us we'd be better off buying a new one than sinking money into this one. So, we wait. And waiting is not a huge problem. The problem came when the repairman said, "Oh, sure, you can continue to use this one until next week. Just make sure it cools down between uses."  Buoyed by the fact that I got a load of Mom and Dad laundry washed and dried, I boldly tossed a fairly large load of kid clothes in the washer (we had run out of panties). And even though the dryer has now had a full 36 hours to cool down, it will not work. So, I'm stuck hanging up a ton of very small t-shirts, footed PJs etc. This is what ONE load of kid laundry in the Lawrence household (lights only) looks like. In case you're curious, that's 33 hangers' worth, not to mention the 18 pairs of very tiny panties hanging around the house (strategically placed over the heating vents). I realize that people all over the world get along swimmingly without tumble dryers, but I am thankful I don't have to be one of them!

1 comment:

Anika said...

Myndi,
I loved the pictures of the little one's panties hanging over the vents. I know exactly what you mean! As I write this, I sit on the floor where our only shelf (which is two feet high and one foot wide) is covered in panties trying to dry. Also, on our three chairs, tv and a random hook on the wall we have various shirts, pants and even more underwear. I couldn't imagine doing it with six people, though! It's a good thing you are so resourceful and creative!