Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hoo-hahns, roller skating and tooth loosing

Just 2 days before her sixth birthday, Bethany lost her THIRD tooth! This time, it's front and center! Her top left tooth started wiggling a few weeks ago and tonight, it was hanging by a thread. She was pushing it out sideways with her tongue (totally grossing me out) and we kept saying, "Do you want us to pull it?" She kept saying, "No, it will hurt too much!" Then after about 10 minutes of wiggling it, she pulled it our herself! So, here are the pics!


































And just last Saturday, Bethany went roller skating for the first time. After only one unfortunate bonking of the head, she did a great job! We had such a fun time together roller skating and winning tickets (read: blowing money) in the Fun Zone. We were there to celebrate her friend Abbie's 7th birthday. (They even played a little Michael Jackson, which really took me back to my Skate Magic days...)









































Finally, sweet little Micah loves to put shoes on - especially my fuzzy black house shoes. One night, he kept putting them on and saying, "Hoo hahn. Hoo hahn, Mommy." I couldn't figure how he'd gotten 'hoo hahn' from 'house shoe'. Finally, it hit me: every time we get ready to go somewhere, we say, "Micah, let's get your _shoes on_." So, now, shoes are called 'hoo hahns' around here. Yeah, he's pretty stinking cute. But, here's a stumper: he calls tractors 'high yos'. Where is he getting that? Point to a tractor and say, "Micah, what's that?" and he says, "High yo." My only guess is that he has a little tractor that sings Old MacDonald Had a Farm. Maybe he's heard E-I-E-I-O so much in conjunction with that tractor that the I-O part has stuck! Who knows the mind of a toddler....

3 comments:

Jill Hardin said...

Bethany! Way to go pulling your own tooth!

Micah is too cute. He's got his own little language! I love it!

Anika said...

I love the stories, Myndi! I still can't get over how big Micah is now, wow! Congrats Bethany on losing another tooth, how exciting!

Michelle said...

LOVE seeing the tooth gone! And that Micah, he is so stinkin CUTE! I can't wait to see all of you ;)